Da Vinci Robotic Hernia repair
If you have a hernia and your doctor suggests surgery, it can be done using open surgery or minimally invasive surgery. During hernia surgery, the weak tissue in the wall of the stomach or groin is secured and any holes are closed.
If minimally invasive surgery is an option for you, ask your doctor about da Vinci Surgery.
Why da Vinci Surgery?
Early clinical data suggests that as a result of this technology, da Vinci Ventral Hernia Surgery offers the following potential benefits:
- Low rate of the hernia returning1,3
- Low rate of pain1,2
- Low rate of surgeon switching to open surgery1,2
- Short hospital stay2,3
da Vinci technology enables your surgeon to operate through a few small incisions (cuts), like traditional laparoscopy, instead of a large open incision. The da Vinci System is a robotic-assisted surgical device that your surgeon is 100% in control of at all times. The da Vinci System gives surgeons:
- A 3D HD view inside your body
- Wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand
- Enhanced vision, precision and control